Thursday, April 2, 2009

An interesting week

Yesterday was Wednesday. Even with four classes and seven hours of work, it still managed to be a good day. I guess I should rewind about a month for so first to catch you up.
So about a month ago I applied for a few Environmental Internships throughout the country. Though I am hardly qualified for any, I figured it couldn't hurt to at least get my name out there to some of these employers so they would consider me a bit farther down the road in my education.
Yesterday at about 4:00, I got a call from the Internship at Mt. Hood, at the border of Oregon and Washington State. They informed me that they had chosen me for a position. So to my suprise, I'm headed to Oregon! Brittney Ann, let loose in the National forest for four months, this could get interesting......
I of course informed Christine and Tiffany right away and when I got home from work, they had suprised me with a celebration they knew I'd appreciate. BACON!
After we ate our bacon, we spent the rest of the night dying Tiffany's hair. None of us really knew what we were doing, but we hoped that turning that redish hair a nice chocolatey brown would be a success. Fortunately it worked and she looks great!
Tuesday night after I got off work, my room mates and I got a little hyper and decided to go on a late night Wal-Mart run. If you're like me, late night is the only time to go to Wal-Mart because everywhere else is closed. Anyway, in our excitement (caused by our lack of sleep) we got really excited in the pet department and ended up taking home half a dozen fun, finned friends. None have died so far I must add!


No comments:

Post a Comment